The daily life of an Otaku

The daily life of an Otaku

tirsdag 29. april 2014

Genshiken Mini-figure set

After some research, I discovered that they're selling "Genshiken" figures from Gachapon machines... Well, they SOLD, but they're out of print long ago. Fortunately, Yahoo auction Japan! comes to the rescue, where I got the whole set for only 500 yen (About 5$)! Let's take a look at these rarities!

A typical scene you will see in this anime countless of times


VCR, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS2... The Complete experience

Considering these are toys found in gachapon capsules, the quality is surprisingly good. Every character looks like themselves and the craftmanship is as good as ever. The paint is where it should be and the figures/items are extremely sturdy. The extra items (consoles, TV, tables, chairs) makes it possible to recreate your favorite Genshiken scenes and perhaps even "feel like you're a part of them". The tables even have items underneath, which is a pretty nice touch! There's some monochrome figures I got as an extra gift (these are rarer than the usual ones), but I didn't know what to do with them, so I put 'em in the back. I find the full color versions more interesting anyways.

While the set itself was really cheap, most of the money went through middleman services. I used "Yokattaweb", which costed me 700 yen(fee) + 600 yen (JP shipping) + 960 yen (International shipping). This equals to about 23$, but I didn't mind as I really wanted these. They packaged everything in a lot of bubble wrapper, so I was extremely satisfied with the purchase when I discovered nothing was broken.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar